Thursday, April 12, 2012

Art Culinaire week 1 - Charlie Palmer

So it's been a whole quarter. Sorry about that.

Last quarter, I had A la Carte. It's the kitchen class that kinda teaches you how to run/work in a restaurant. It was honestly the best class I've taken at Art Institutes and I'm both so glad it was such a good experience but also a little upset that it's over.

I would've posted pictures for you but I swear we had fried chicken and ice cream for family meal every day.

But anyway, this quarter (my last quarter!) I have Art Culinaire, which means I have pictures again, yay!

In Art Culinaire, every week we learn about a famous chef and their cuisine, background, how they got to be as famous as they were, and their cooking style. Week 1 was Charlie Palmer.

This menu was pretty easy, really. It's just a little frustrating trying to get it all out in a class of 26 designed for a class of 12-15.

20 grand a year and I'm so glad that's going towards a quality education. Let's not even go there.

Alright so Charlie Palmer.

 Appetizer: Roasted beets with goat cheese gateau

 Mushroom minestrone with ricotta dumplings

 Roasted cod with braised cabbage

 Sea scallop "sandwich" with citrus sauce

Lemon custard with caramel


Overall hectic but tasty week.

No comments:

Post a Comment