Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Soobak!

Although I used to work right across the street from this place, I never went there until I came across their website on facebook and saw a review on Dena Loves Food. Anyway, after a few after-work cravings for sushi and Korean I ended up at Soobak a few times in the past month and haven't been disappointed yet. (Note: I've noticed that a good deal of times, I get better food when I come into a restaurant in chef pants. Maybe I'm just imagining it.)

So this week they came out with Korean tacos in honey garlic, bulgogi, galbi, and fish varieties. I could marry a fish taco--I love them so much--so I decided to play it safe.

I can't even begin to tell you how good it was! Most definitely the best fish taco I've ever had (and yes, I've been known to have said that if I ever find myself in a comatose state, I would like Taco Bus to cater my IV drip). The fish tasted crisp and clean and the batter was nice and light. Even if it was a little heavily battered, it wasn't greasy at all. All the ingredients were fresh and I don't usually do a lot of sauce when I eat tacos, but that red sauce was so good and complemented the flavors in the tacos so well, I almost drank it. Portion-wise, they were just right.

With that being said, the hungry irrational side of me still thought it'd be a good idea to order a bulgogi rice bowl.
It came with a salad with ginger dressing but I spilled it all over my car (...) however even if I didn't have the tacos, I would've been completely satisfied with just the bulgogi and the rice. The meat was very tender and it had the perfect balance of sweet and saltiness.

I'm definitely going back next week!

218 E. Davis Blvd
Tampa, FL 33606


No comments:

Post a Comment