Thursday, November 3, 2011

runningjokes pt 2

I think it was a couple of months ago.

I was in a hot kitchen buried in the Davis Islands business district chopping cases whole chicken wings in half for the weekend. I was running on no sleep and creeping up on fifty five hours of work that week and it was still only Thursday morning. In retrospect, I suppose it was the exhaustion that fueled my sudden yearning to add my newest life goal to the list but I could've sworn it was just a moment of pure brilliance.

Elbow deep in half-frozen chicken wings, I told myself, "The week I get out of this, I am definitely starting my own cooking show."

Approximately four months later, here I am. Culinary student, deli clerk, newly hired kitchen intern. Still no cooking show, but a long retired work out blog I kept when I was 19 and thought it was time to teach myself how to run, a camera, an obsession with food, the same irritating desire to share it with the world, but no time.

So I decided I'd settle.

Welcome to my food blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment